Mon - Fri: 10:00am - 18:00pm

Tier 2

Tier 2

Tier 2 Visa normally has 4 different categories. These are: Tier 2 Ministers of Religion, Tier 2 Sports persons, Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfers and Tier 2 General.
If a UK based firm would like to hire an international employee, the firm must initially obtain a sponsorship licence. Once they have done this, they can then sponsor an international employee’s Tier 2 application.
After getting a sponsorship letter from a UK based company, you will have to meet the English requirements, as well as score a total of 70 points according to the qualifications, earnings, English language level, funding and sponsorship. These are the main requirements to meet for the application of the Tier 2 Visa.
If you are a EEA or Switzerland citizen, you do not need to get a visa in order to live or work in the UK.
Yes, you can. Your family members will also have the same right as you, which means that they could work, study or settle in the UK. After a 5-year settlement, you and your family member can apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave of Remain).
Your visa is valid for 3 years, but if you continue to meet the requirements are the 3-year period, you are eligible to extend your visa for an additional 2 years.
Although your sponsorship certificate is prepared for less than a 3-year period, you can still stay for an additional month in the UK. For example, your agreement is 30 months, then you are entitled to stay for a total of 31 months in the UK with Tier 2 Visa.
Firstly, your company should have a Tier 2 licence in order to be able to hire you from another company. Your current and next company which you will be working for should also have common ownership connections. For example, “both of them can under same parent or holding, one of them can under other company etc”

For the second stage, your company must not only have a Tier 2 general worker sponsorship licence, but will also need to cover Tier 2 Intra-Company transfers. Finally, your transfer must fit one of the following: long-term staff, short-term staff, graduate trainee or skills transfer. These 4 categories have differing visa durations, which your visa length will be based upon.

To prepare your full application you will also need to meet English language requirements and finance yourself with appropriate salary shown in your sponsorship licence and to obtain 70 points from the attributes section and not be an EEA or Switzerland citizen.
For the Long-term Staff category, skilled employees can work for up to 12 months or beyond and an RLMT must be obtained by your company.

For the Short-term Staff category, every condition is the same with the Long-term category however, you may only work for a maximum of 12 months.
Graduate Trainee Visa is for fresh graduate employees. If your company has a branch in the UK, you can work under the graduate trainee program. This visa is valid up to 3 months.

If you are a new graduate and want to gain skills, knowledge about the UK sectors and economy which is related to your company, then you have a choice of routes with the Skills Transfer Visa.
Just like with a General Tier 2 Worker Visa, you are initially entitled to work for up to 3 years. You can then extend your visa for an additional 2 years, giving you a total of 5 years of work.
You are required to work for at least 6 months before changings jobs. In that time, you will need to prove your skills, knowledge and experiences gained.